[Macpartners] mail.app 10.3.9 to Tiger conversion help

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 29 12:38:51 EST 2006

I have a user using mail.app with an IMAP server.  I took their 10.3.9
machine out of service after backing it up, in full, to an external
firewire drive.

I put in a newer machine running Tiger, fully patched, and copied their
10.3.9 mail.app folder, with all mailboxes, over the new mail.app mailbox.

Upon checking mail, the server still insists on pushing all 20,000+
messages on the server back to her machine.   How can I, if possible, do
the same as above, but have the server only download a diff between what
her backed up email folder has to her new email, and simply download the
new stuff?

Thanks.

Scott