[Macpartners] Calendar migration from Outlook to TechTime

Helen Rose hrose at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 17 06:44:48 EDT 2006

I have to migrate a pile of users from Outlook to TechTime. I've got
a tool called "O2M" (Outlook2Mail) which can export from Outlook and
creates (what seems to be!) a valid VCS file, which should be
importable into Oracle Calendar. However, when I run the import on
Oracle Calendar (on either Mac or Windows [*]), I get a "no valid
entries" error message.

I tried to import the same VCS file into iCal (on the Mac) and
received a similar message. Likewise the same for Palm Desktop. My
only guess is that O2M is generating some sort of non-standard VCS
format, but it LOOKS acceptable. And of course MS Outlook won't
output to a friendly (easily exchangeable - forgive the pun!) format.

Has anyone successfully moved data this way, or any other way? Some
of these users have years and years of calendar data, and I don't
want them to lose it.

Thanks,

--Helen

[*] Windows users currently on Outlook 2003, eventually moving to
Macintosh systems. Apple Mail for mail, Oracle Calendar (TechTime) v
10.1.2.0.0.710 for calendar. The mail migration was SLOW but
successful. Contact information (into Address Book) went much faster.