[Macpartners] invisible cursor?

Beverly LaMarr fergason at space.mit.edu
Mon Mar 21 20:12:37 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a G4 powerbook currently running 10.3.8 (although the problem
was here in 10.3.7 too).

About once a week when the laptop wakes from sleep the cursor is
invisible.  It still functions, the little arrow just isn't present.
It comes back when I "restart".

Things that I've already tried (but haven't worked) are:
	- pushing the "detect monitors" button
	- logging my account off
	- killing the "SystemUIServer.app"
	- wait.  Okay, I'm not very patient.  I have waited but probably
	not more than several minutes.

Possibly relevant:
	- I am pretty sure that the problem has only ever happened in the
	following sequence:
		- running happily with a second monitor hooked up
		- close the lid to make it sleep
		- unplug the extra monitor
		- open the lid to wake it from sleep
		- cursor is now invisible

	- It doesn't happen every time.  No more than 1 in 10 times that
	I do that exact sequence.

Has anyone seen this before?
Anything else I could try?

Thanks,

Bev
--
Beverly LaMarr                              MIT Center for Space Research
617 258 8153                                37-582b, 70 Vassar Street