[Macpartners] overheated powerbook g4

arthur steinberg arthurs at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 6 16:44:11 EST 2005

i have a g4 powerbook, running max os x.3.9 that occasionally overheats
when the power cord is left plugged in over several days.  when i open
it the screen is dark and i am unable to revive it: i've  tried hitting
various keys, esc, pressing the on/off button briefly, but it stays
dark.  i've had to shut it off with the on/off button and once when i
did this i think i corrupted my address book.

anyway, can someone tell me how to deal with this problem?

thanks.

arthur