[Macpartners] Re: Bryant C. Vernon Student Version Release Announcement

Bill Brids bbrids at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 9 14:53:28 EDT 2005

Bill Brids ...in no way shape or form endorses the support of this "soft"
ware. The coordinator has been known to be buggy and is a vulnerability
waiting to happen.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryant C. Vernon" <bcvernon at MIT.EDU>
To: <itpartners at mit.edu>; <winpartners at mit.edu>; <macpartners at mit.edu>
Cc: <is&t at mit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:36 PM
Subject: Bryant C. Vernon Student Version Release Announcement

Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2005
To:  Members of the MIT Community: itpartners at mit.edu,
macpartners at mit.edu, winpartners at mit.edu,
From: Software Release Team <swrt at mit.edu>
Subj: Bryant C. Vernon Student Version Release Announcement
Cc:  is&t at mit.edu

Good Afternoon,

IS&T has mixed feelings about announcing the release of Bryant C. Vernon to
the MIT Sloan School of Management.

After six years of extensive product development, Bryant C. Vernon has
devolved back to a student.

Notable features:
-----------------
Notable features of the student version of Bryant include:
-new and improved user interface
-increased vocabulary support, including financial and accounting terms
-anticipated M.B.A. certification
-supports INAP and BS feeds
-compatible with both Macintosh and Windows

Known issues:
-------------
-not as responsive as previous versions
-moodwatch does not work for words like tuition, bursars, etc.
-sporadically scavenges for food without any error message

Where to obtain:
----------------
Although Bryant C. Vernon is not licensed for individual downloads, you can
obtain per use licenses by contacting bryant at sloan.mit.edu.

Where to get help:
------------------
If you are having problems with the student version of Bryant C. Vernon, we
strongly encourage you to contact product support via e-mail:
helpme at bcvernon.com or the Computing Help Desk x3-1101 (ask for Bill Brids).

I wanted to let everyone know that I will be leaving IS&T at the end of this
month to begin the Sloan School of Management MBA program. Most likely, this
will be the last release announcement you receive from me! For the past six
years I have worked in different capacities within IS&T and have enjoyed my
time here, especially when spent with the wonderful people who make up the
IS&T organization and the Institute.

Although I will not be going very far (just across campus), I will, for all
intents and purposes, be immersed in a vastly different world. My main foci
at Sloan will be management consulting and finance, with the ultimate goal
of pursuing a career in management consulting when I finish the program.

My role as the product release coordinator on the Software Release Team has
benefited me immensely. Not only did it expose me to project management
methodologies, process improvement, and a smattering of politics, but it
also put me in the position to interact with many teams, colleagues, and
customers across MIT. I especially enjoyed the opportunity to interact with
others because I got to know many wonderful individuals and because I like
meeting people, hearing their stories, and on a professional level, helping
them realize ways to make their work more efficient and more pleasant.

Sadly, I will lose the institute phone, but you can still reach me at
bcvernon at mit.edu or, preferably, at bryant at sloan.mit.edu. Thank you,
everyone, for making my time in IS&T an informative and exciting experience.

All the Best,
Bryant and the Bryant C. Vernon Student Version Release Team

Bryant C. Vernon
Product Release Coordinator - Software Release Team
Information Services and Technology (IS&T)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Room W92-147
Cambridge, MA 02139
t: 617-253-5103