[Macpartners] Announcement of KLPR for OS X

Jonathan Reed jdreed at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 2 15:26:14 EDT 2004

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce the existence of a Kerberized LPR client for
MacOS X.  This allows MacOS X users to print to MIT printers which
require Kerberos authentication (such as the printers in the public
clusters).  Please note that IS&T does not yet offer support for this
software - at the moment it is provided as a convenience only.

Some important points to note:

	- Due to a known bug in Kerberos, the client software will
only work under MacOS X 10.3 (Panther).  10.2 (Jaguar) and lower are
not supported.
	- Please do not contact the Computing Helpdesk about this
software - instead you may contact me (the developer) at this e-mail
address.  However, please read all documentation before e-mailing me.

A web page with installation instructions and details is available at:

http://web.mit.edu/klpr-osx/www/

you can add yourself to in order to receive announcements about new
versions and bugfixes.  Please do NOT use that mailing list for
general discussion of the software - another list will be created for
that purpose.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

-Jon
Jonathan Reed			jdreed at mit.edu
N42-140x

MIT Information Services & Technology
Athena/RCC Group
Athena Consulting Supervisor - RCC Developer