[Macpartners] Password protect office docs.

Susan Midlarsky susanrm at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 30 14:13:09 EST 2004

>In the windows version of office you can password protect a document
>so that a password is required to open the doc. This ability is not
>easily apparent in V.X for OS X. Can anyone provide any guidance for
>accomplishing this on a MAC?

In the Save As... dialogue box, click on Options, and the screen with
a password to enter will come up. I have successfully exchanged
password-protected documents with Windoze users.

By the way, Office does have a good Help system built in, so you can
find answers to questions like these easily.

Susan
--
Susan Midlarsky, Happy Artist