[Macpartners] Eudora 6.x for Mac OS X Release Effort Underway Announcement

Bryant Christian Vernon bcvernon at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 12 13:19:54 EST 2004

Date: Friday, 12, March 2004
To: MIT Community: itpartners at mit.edu, macpartners at mit.edu,
sw-release-announce at mit.edu, ed-tech at mit.edu
Cc: itag at mit.edu, is&t at mit.edu
From: Software Release Team
Subject: Eudora 6.x for Mac OS X Release Effort Underway Announcement

Good Afternoon,

I am pleased to announce that the Eudora 6.x for Mac OS X release effort has
begun. Eudora 6.x is the first version of Eudora that Qualcomm supports
under Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther).

New Features and Improvements to Eudora 6.x include:

-Support for Mac OS X 10.3
-Content Concentrator highlights important information in threaded
discussions
-New and improved toolbar icons

Unfortunately, our preliminary testing of Eudora 6.x on Windows has
uncovered a number of significant bugs.  We will continue to work with
Qualcomm to fix these issues, but are focusing this release effort on the
Macintosh version in the meantime.

The Software Release Team will send updates throughout the process. For more
information on Eudora 6.x and the release effort, see the Eudora 6.x release
notebook at http://web.mit.edu/swrt/releases/eudora.

If you have questions, suggestions, or would like to participate in the
release of Eudora 6.x, please contact the team via email at
eudora-release at mit.edu.

All the Best,

Bryant C. Vernon
Eudora 6.x Product Release Coordinator