[Macpartners] Personal Web Sharing under Panther (10.3.2)

Matthew Broman mbroman at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 22 12:58:30 EST 2004

Carolyn Fuller wrote:
(snip...)

> 1) If Apache finds an index.html in the directory, it will be used,
> otherwise, it will use index.html.en. When I first upgraded to OS X, I
> don't think this worked, but it works today.

Just out of curiosity, do you _need_ the index.html.en in there? If you
don't have any use for the .en etc, you can just trash/move them and
only keep your index.html file.

When I first set up Panther (and Jag) on this powerbook, I removed all
the default pages from /Library/WebServer/Documents and put in an
index.html file. Works like a champ, goes right for the index.html file.

Cheers,
Matt

--

Matthew Broman