[Macpartners] Apple Powerbook Display Scam

Joey Gottinger snoopy1 at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 17 08:29:45 EST 2004

Hi Matthew,

I've encountered this same problem with different users purchasing new G4
powerbooks over the past year. In two of the cases, the machines were
purchased at Cambridgeside Galleria. Apple each time, has maintained their
position of several pixels not functioning, as normal fault tolerance.

I know this doesn't help your current situation, but I now tell everyone
interested in purchasing an apple from one of their retail stores to turn on
the machine first, before leaving the store. This way, they can troubleshoot
any issues before even leaving. Since complaints are down, I'm assuming that
they're heeding the warning.

Joey Gottinger, Network Consultant
MIT Information Systems - DITR Team
400 Main Street, MIT Room E19-630
Cambridge, MA 02139

http://web.mit.edu/snoopy1/index.html

This message has been composed of recycled electrons. None of these
electrons has been harmed or injured in the creation and transmission of
this message but they have been shamelessly exploited for this use.