[Macpartners] Q: Does Apple's Safari browser support MIT certificates?

Chris Griffith cg at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 16 13:26:13 EDT 2003

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 12:20  PM, Rob Smyser wrote:
> I have a client who needs to know this, so I too would need to know.
> In what way, if at all, does Apple's Safari browser support MIT
> certificates?

Safari does not currently support the X.509 personal certificates that
MIT uses for authentication with various web services (SAPweb, WebSIS,
etc).

I have yet to hear of any commitment from Apple to add this
functionality, though I believe it's been requested from MIT.

-Chris