[Macpartners] office mac 2001 - word - 'full' dictionary issue

Aran M. Parillo aran at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 26 13:04:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm dealing w/an mac classic office 2001 install with an inability to
save/create a custom dictionary.  In short, word spell check is
working, however when we go to add a word to the custom dictionary,
it kicks back "dictionary is full".  Some more background.

1. dictionary is 0 length.
2. created new dictionary, same error.
3. relocated current/new dictionary outside of system>prefs>ms no go.
4. reinstalled spell check components.
5. searched MS KB found articles about the issue for Win machines,
yet found no mac related hits with same keywords.

So, what other files should I whack around to get this thing working!
For the most part, the mac performs w/o issue.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, stay cool!!!

-amp