[Linerva-announce] Unexpected linerva reboot today

Anders Kaseorg andersk at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 21 19:02:44 EDT 2013

About 15 minutes ago, Linerva crashed with a kernel BUG in OpenAFS.  We
were unable to recover the running system, so we rebooted it.  We are
still investigating the specific cause of the crash.

Linerva is now back online.  If you had screen or other long-running
programs, you will need to restart them.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind users that Linerva is
not intended for CPU- or memory-intensive workloads, and should not be
used to store large amounts of data on local disk.

Anders
SIPB Linerva team