[Linerva-announce] Unscheduled Linerva reboot today

Anders Kaseorg andersk at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 25 21:42:13 EST 2013

About half an hour ago, Linerva crashed with a kernel BUG.  The machine
stopped responding on the network and the console.  We were unable to
recover the running system, so we rebooted it.

Linerva is now back online.  If you had screen or other long-running
programs, you will need to restart them.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind users that Linerva is not
intended for CPU- or memory-intensive workloads, and should not be used to
store large amounts of data on local disk.

Anders
SIPB Linerva team