[Linerva-announce] Linerva outage this morning

Joshua Oreman oremanj at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 7 03:18:43 EST 2011

Hi Linerva users,

At around 12:30am today (Friday, January 7, 2011), Linerva became
mostly frozen due to an error in OpenAFS. Despite significant efforts
we were unable to get the system unwedged, so we rebooted Linerva at
about 2:30am. As of this writing, it is back up and accepting logins.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working to make sure a
problem like this does not occur again. Thank you for your patience,
and thank you for using Linerva!

Josh
for the Linerva team