[Linerva-announce] Unexpected linerva downtime today between 2:30 and 3:15 EST

Greg Brockman gdb at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 6 15:44:26 EDT 2010

Hello linerva users,

Today at around 2:30 EST, linerva ran into an OpenAFS bug and crashed.
 The linerva maintainers rebooted the machine, and as of 3:15 EST,
linerva is once again in action.  We have changed some of our OpenAFS
configuration options and taken all available updates, which will
hopefully allow us to avoid this particular bug in the future.

As always, during outages we will do our best to post announcements to
our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/sipb.  Please let us know if
you have any questions.

Best,

Greg