[Leonardo/ISAST Network] SAVE THE DATE AND RSVP - Private Party, Sunday August 6, 2006

Leonardo/ISAST isast at leonardo.info
Tue Jun 27 18:21:42 EDT 2006

Dear Leonardo Friend,

You are invited to attend a private party on the evening of 6 August
2006 in San Jose, CA. This two-tiered event will be both a reception
for friends of Leonardo attending the Pacific Rim New Media Summit as
well as a fundraiser to help kick off Leonardo's 40th Anniversary
celebration. Details of the event are not yet finalized, but we hope
you will SAVE THE DATE for the occasion and send us an RSVP (see
below) if you will be able to attend.

Forty years ago, in 1966, friends and colleagues of Frank Malina began
meeting in the living room at No. 17 Rue Emile Dunois, Paris, France
to dream up what has become the Leonardo organization
(www.leonardo.info/isast/leostory.html). The first project, the
journal Leonardo, saw its first issue published in 1968. Archives of
the journal, as well as that of its sister publication, the Leonardo
Music Journal, include the work of more than 4,000 artists in the
Leonardo community. These archives are now available on JSTOR to
members of the organization.

The August 6th party will be the first official event leading up to a
grand gala to be held in 2008 to mark the 40th anniversary of the
journal Leonardo.

The Pacific Rim New Media Summit (PRNMS, 7-8 August 2006), is the
pre-summit to ISEA 2006. Leonardo is pleased to co-sponsor PRNMS with
the CADRE Laboratory for New Media. For more information about the
event and the special issue of Leonardo that is being published as the
summit companion, please visit the Leonardo website: www.leonardo.info.

PLEASE RSVP BY 7 JULY (send email to Kathleen Quillian:
kq at leonardo.info) to let us know that you will be able to attend
(IMPORTANT: please also include your current mailing address). We will
then send you a private invitation with more details closer to the
time of the event.

We will have special guests and activities planned during the evening,
so please try to join us. I hope to see you there!

Roger Malina,
Chair, Leonardo/ISAST