krb 1.21.2 build fails on macOS 14.2.1

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jan 8 14:19:27 EST 2024

>Thanks Ken. Adding "-framework Kerberos" to the linker line resolves the
>issue.
>
>I am indeed building the static libs because I use them to create the
>shared library later.

I would caution you that this is not guaranteed to work; one thing
that leaps out to me is that the shared library build uses -DSHARED
when building library objects which seems to affect the way library
constructors are built/used; it MAY work now, but there's no assurance
it will continue to do so in the future.

If your goal is to just to get everything to build and when you construct
the shared library later you'll add a dependency to the Kerberos framework
you could consider a linker option like -U cc_initialize (there might
be more functions you'll need than that one, though).

--Ken