Adding external library dependencies to .pc files for static linking

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Feb 29 14:11:58 EST 2024

>Cool, thanks for the detailed details!  My use case is way simpler:
> windows, no plugins, only simple krb client api usage, I control all the
>calling code, etc.  So I think I am safe for now, although I need to update
>the krb source, so who knows if I’ll be able to prune it down again to
>workable static linking on latest, I am pretty out of date.  I also have it
>working multithreaded which took some init magic.

I would ask you ... are you SURE you aren't using any plugins on Windows?
Because the SPAKE plugin is built on Windows (the OTP plugin isn't, it
seems, but it seems that is only for the KDC side).  You may not be using
SPAKE now but perhaps in the future?  Something to think about.

>It is kind of amazing how much of a mess linking is still in 2024, yay
>computers.

The problem is there are no easy answers for what is _supposed_ to happen
in weird corner cases.

--Ken