Keytab initiation design review

ghudson@MIT.EDU ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 27 16:39:13 EDT 2012

Here's a detailed design writeup for the keytab initiation feature
going into 1.11.  As far as I'm aware, this mostly represents the
consensus we came to in the discussion earlier this month.

http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/Keytab_initiation

There's no parameterized search list stuff in there; that will be a
follow-on project (which I hope to do start-to-finish next week, but
we'll see).  The hardcoded default for the client keytab is a
placeholder value.

I have the core GSSAPI code and tests written for this, and just need
to finish up the client keytab discovery code and write documentation.
I should be ready to commit by the end of this week if there are no
major design revisions.