Fedora ticket cache location (was: Keytab-based initiator creds design)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 7 16:01:50 EDT 2012

Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> writes:

> In Fedora we are already moving the ccache to a standard place in /run,
> and it is non persistent as that filesystem is a tmpfs.

I was going to ask about that.  I have a bunch of software that
manipulates ticket caches, and I'd like to have that do the right thing on
Fedora and use the correct paths.  However, I don't know how to discover
that I'm on Fedora, or more generally, how to determine where ticket
caches should go by default.  (And by this I mean more than just the
default ticket cache, where I can use the krb5_cc_* interface to get the
default cache location, but for things like k5start, krenew, or pam-krb5
that need to create temporary ticket caches.)

Is there some standard interface that I can use for things like this?