Project review: GSS credential store extensions

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 12 15:24:17 EDT 2012

    Simo> No in my view this is not intended to replace
    Simo> gss_acquire_cred_with_password()

OK.
So, I'd like to try and convince you that using this to replace
acquire_cred_with_password is better than another set of acquire cred
APIs.

Well, Nico, Luke and I have indicated a desire to expand
acquire_cred_with_password in a similar manner.

Do we really want to end up with four APIS (supports cred store
extensions, supports cred acquizition extensions, multiply)?

What criteria should we  use for distinguishing betweer cred store
extensions and  cred acquizition extensions?
Why do we want that distinction?

--Sam