Project review: GSS credential store extensions

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 12 12:43:03 EDT 2012

Ok. Well, add me to Nico in the strong disagreement camp here.  If it
were just the buffers, I would agree with you.
I'm actually a bit puzzled about why you're bringing up buffers though;
this structure does not include buffers.

My concern is the array
of pointers to buffers and what happens when you want to try and
manipulate them. My experience with memory management for oid sets
suggests this is an area where even in non-performance-sensitive areas
it gets really messy.

Even if Nico and I aren't able to build a consensus in favor of a better
memory management approach, I think it's critical that we document the
assumptions of this approach.  Namely, you cannot free a cred_set you
didn't allocate. You cannot manipulate one; you must copy to manipulate.