Review of http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/Disable_DES ending February 13, 2009

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 29 13:18:09 EST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 12:43, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'd be happy with rewording, but I do actually want to have a bit of
> a discussion and review now about what wwe want eventual interfaces
> to be here.

That's fine, but I don't think we have to decide it for 1.7.

> Right.  I think the impact needs to be discussed enough for us to
> review the project and the project plan needs to include effort for
> documentation.  i think shipping the code change without the
> documentation changes would be confusing in this instance.

To say the least.  I think that even applies to an alpha release; most
of the other stuff we're doing should be harmless if you don't yet
know how to turn it on, but this will break some existing deployments
if you try using it without knowing what you need to change.

Ken