GSS_C_NO_NAME for desired_name in gss_acquire_cred()

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 23 21:36:16 EST 2006

    Wachdorf,> Is it generally excepted that using GSS_C_NO_NAME for desired_name in
    Wachdorf,> gss_acquire_cred() causes the function to use the name provided in the
    Wachdorf,> authentication context?

It's accepted that it causes the mechanism to use some reasonable
name.  So for our mechanism I think the only reasonable choice for
initiators is the ticket you have.

OUr behavior for acceptors is incredibly useful--use whatever name is
provided in the ticket--but is perhaps somewhat non-standard.  I
believe Solaris is implementing that behavior.

--sam