Can I get any design documents?

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Mon Nov 22 12:50:46 EST 2004

Venu Satuluri wrote:

>We are doing a project which involves making some changes to the
>kerberos code.. We are having a hard time understanding the data flow
>and the design of the software.. There dont seem to be any docs which
>explain this.. Can someone tell us where we can find such docs?
>
>Thanks,
>Venu

If you are talking about a document in which to use the Kerberos
functions I have a couple... as far as documentation on how to use those
functions there are very little.  I have been doing a bit of research
and development on an application using the Kerberos libs and you are
right there are slim pickings for how to use them.  Hope these help...

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kerberos-Infrastructure-HOWTO/index.html
http://www.unixthugs.org/~jeffm/technical/krb5api/
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82eft/aa-ruebb-te/aa-ruebb-te.PDF  [
Chapter 6 - has good docs on each Kerb. funcs. ]

As for using the functions:
Initialize the krb5 context (used as a handle when accessing various
krb5 functions)
Read the config using the krb5_get_* config functions and store them in
a struct
Create your principal using the krb5_parse_name functions
Check for username & password using the krb5_get_init_creds_password
function
If user is valid create your ticket, this is where I am at so if you
figure this out before me let me know... =)

--
Jason Gerfen
jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu

"And remember... If the ladies