Cipher suites lagging behind

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Thu Apr 16 05:45:40 EDT 2020

Hi,

Is KfW the advised option for porting Kerberos applications to Windows?
 While doing this for our application, we ran into

C:\msys64\home\hfman\arpa2\kip\lib\core.c:898:7: error:
'ENCTYPE_AES128_CTS_HMAC_SHA256_128' undeclared (first use in this
function); did you mean 'ENCTYPE_AES128_CTS_HMAC_SHA1_96'?

No, that is not what we meant :)  Is an updated version of KfW planned
anytime soon?

FYI, we're porting "Keyful Identity Protocol", which allows sending
encrypted data without needing recipient's public keys; a session key is
provided to ACL-listed recipients after authentication,
https://gitlab.com/arpa2/kip/

The underlying crypto is libk5crypto.  We aim to shield the symmetric
cryptography from Quantum Computers, which explains the pressure on key
sizes (not even sure this is enough).

Thanks!

Rick & Henri
ARPA2 KIP project