init_sec_context() stores a sub, sub domain tgt without deleting existing one causing Memory Leak - (KRB5_GC_NO_STORE).

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri May 12 19:40:47 EDT 2017

On 05/12/2017 03:49 PM, Rahul G wrote:
> I observed that when a user from a sub sub domain (three levels down from
> top) makes a request, *init_sec_context *function* (which eventually calls
> get_creds.c)*
> stores the TGT of the sub sub domain in the ccache.
> Problem is, when a another user from the same domain makes a request, it
> stores the same TGT again and
> the cache now has 2 copies of the same TGT, and this continues for every
> user thereby increasing the memory used by the process.

This sounds like a variant of
http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=8579 where the KDC
response is an alternate TGT.  We recently committed a change to master
to fix that problem:

https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/1dc619624421002b1e64d3b8c7e270508381b3e6

Unfortunately we don't put out KfW releases very often, but if you're
prepared to rebuild KfW from source code you could apply that patch.