Building under Visual Studio 2015 --

Chris Kingsley ckingsley at alteryx.com
Tue May 3 05:11:14 EDT 2016

Is there expected to be a KFW release with all the build fixes needed for Visual Studio 2015? I see there have been many changes working toward that, but there isn't yet a KFW later than 4.0.1 with everything rolled up. I am cherry picking from the updates to get what we need, but it would be nice to have an official release.

Incidentally, I see a problem in src/windows/leash/out2con.cpp - on line 101 it has:
    // now slam the allocated FILE's _flag to zero to mark it as free without
    // actually closing the os file handle and pipe
    fp->_flag = 0;

I am getting a compilation error on that, because the FILE struct isn't declared to have a _flag field. This is only needed, according to the usage message, to attach a console for debugging, so I am going to kludge around the problem.