KFW PKINIT Support

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri Jun 24 13:43:20 EDT 2016

On 06/24/2016 10:48 AM, Bryan Mesich wrote:
> Back in Oct. 2015, the question of PKINIT support within KFW was brought
> up on the list.  It was indicated that PKINIT support was desired, but
> no timeframe could be given.  Is there any update that can be given with
> regards to the timeframe?

We don't currently have the resources to allocate to this work.  If
someone else were to do the necessary work (getting the PKINIT code to
build under MSVC, modifying the build system to build against OpenSSL on
Windows, and ensuring that registration and loading of the preauth
module works under Windows), then we could work with them on integrating it.