How to compile krb5-1.13.2 in windows 32 bit

Parasuraman R parasuraman.r at bahwancybertek.com
Thu Jun 11 00:41:32 EDT 2015

Btw, meanwhile, I downloaded the sources from http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/kfw/4.1/kfw-4.1-beta1-src.zip and tried compiling the same and I got the following issues. Interestingly I found a reference to uicc.exe in the http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/kfw-4.1/kfw-4.1.html which mentions "KfW now uses the UI compiler uicc.exe, to support the transition from the MFC ribbon to a native Windows ribbon. The uicc.exe found in Visual Studio 2010 is insufficient; Service Pack 1 is required. ". I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition Update 4 and compiling from the windows command prompt using nmake.

                        LeashDebugWindow.cpp
                        LeashDoc.cpp
                        LeashFileDialog.cpp
                        LeashFrame.cpp
                        LeashMessageBox.cpp
                        LeashProperties.cpp
                                uicc.exe kfwribbon.xml kfwribbon.bml /res:kfwribbon.rc /header:kfwribbon.h /name:KFW_RIBBON
                        NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x86\uicc.exe"' : return code '0xc0000139'
                        Stop.
                        NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'for' : return code '0x1'
                        Stop.
                        NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'for' : return code '0x1'
                        Stop.

Note: As per my earlier mail, if http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/kfw/4.1/kfw-4.1-beta1-i386.msi is sufficient for MIT Kerberos V, then that is more than sufficient for me. Thanks.

Thanks and Regards,
Parasuraman.R