KDC VM

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 12 12:42:29 EST 2015

Hi,

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015, Zaid Arafeh wrote:

> I am working on a test implementation and as part of it I need to spin
> up a quick Kerberos realm. I am Windows admin, so following the
> instructions on the MIT website has been very difficult for me, given
> that I am missing some of the basics in Linux. Is there a prepackaged VM
> with a KDC somewhere? Also, what's the best way to get help installing a
> realm without flooding this DL with questions?

I don't know offhand of a prepackaged VM with a KDC on it.

There's a #kerberos channel on freenode that might be faster than mail for
initial setup questions.

This list is probably not even the place where you're most likely to get
help -- the kerberos at mit.edu list would be a better fit, I think.  (It's
even possible that someone there would have a VM image handy that you
could use, so you might re-post your question there.)  This list is mostly
specific to development of things like the MIT Kerberos Ticket Manager
which is part of our KfW distribution but not part of the Unix krb5
distribution.  The kerberos at mit.edu list is for generall discussion of
(Unix) krb5, and reaches a wider audience.

-Ben Kaduk