[krbdev.mit.edu #7963] Building Krb5 on windows

Benjamin Kaduk via RT rt at krbdev.mit.edu
Thu Jul 10 17:51:13 EDT 2014

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014,  via RT wrote:

> I understood that the krb4 was proved to be unsecured and that's why
> there is no support in it anymore.
> Changing the NODEBUG is not helping with either value.
> Is there a way to ensure that the build on windows will work?

Kerberos protocol version 4 is insecure.

The MIT Kerberos for Windows version 4.x series provides an implementation
of kerberos protocol version 5 that is suitable for use on Windows, along
with a GUI Ticket Manager application.  I am not asking you to use
unsupported software; on the contrary, I am explicitly asking you to use
the software which is supported for this purpose.

The build on windows is expected to work if you are using a supported
version of the source tree.

-Ben