[krbdev.mit.edu #7963] Building Krb5 on windows

Benjamin Kaduk via RT rt at krbdev.mit.edu
Thu Jul 10 17:05:26 EDT 2014

[BBENDAVI at arinc.com - Thu Jul 10 16:35:51 2014]:

>         copy lib\obj\AMD64\dbg\*.lib "c:\freeware\krb\lib\."
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'copy' : return code '0x1'

That command line would be for a debug build, which is the default (the knob is NODEBUG, not
DEBUG as I said in my previous message, sorry).  Weird failures are expected if the value of
NODEBUG does not match the compiler environment (the "setenv" invocation or similar,
depending on the visual studio release in use).

> That's the error I'm getting after doing "nmake install"
> The version is 5-1.12.1
> I got it from MIT: http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/

The krb5 1.NN releases are for Unix systems only and are not necessarily expected to build on
windows systems.  We don't have tarballs of the source code for KfW releases on that page, but
they are available via github, e.g., https://github.com/krb5/krb5/releases/kfw-4.0.1-final .

If nothing else but to decrease the number of unknown variables, it's probably best to retry with
that source tree.