[krbdev.mit.edu #7328] SVN Commit

Benjamin Kaduk via RT rt at krbdev.mit.edu
Wed Aug 29 14:56:00 EDT 2012

Rename old krb5.ini files away

We want to always use a new krb5.ini (and our search order guarantees
that we will), but users might be confused if there is still a file
named krb5.ini in the old location which is now non-functional.
However, it is rude to unconditionally delete the old file which may
potentially be the only copy a user has of their local changes.
Instead, rename the old file to a non-functioning name that indicates
it is no longer being used, so that it may be consulted if needed.
Only attempt the rename if we found an existing krb5.ini, and ignore errors
since this is not a critical part of the installation.

https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/02499b9c31124d66cdc5fd5d650e38f8c408a984