[krbdev.mit.edu #7295] weirdness with rc.exe in the leash build

Benjamin Kaduk via RT rt at krbdev.mit.edu
Mon Aug 27 11:22:05 EDT 2012

[kaduk at MIT.EDU - Sun Aug 26 21:38:43 2012]:

> [tlyu - Sat Aug 25 21:16:00 2012]:
>
> > "Benjamin Kaduk via RT" <rt at krbdev.mit.edu> writes:
> >

> > What branch is d394495b7c2b51 in?
>
> Hmm, it did not seem to be in my main local repo, but was a SHA1 on my

Because that was a typo (hand copy/pasted, I guess) for
d394495b57c2b51305f105ac11493892f5fd1484 (difference at the ninth character), which
does exist in my local repository.  Weird git mystery solved, though rc.exe remains open.
(If I remember correctly, this revision does not build properly on Windows even absent the
rc.exe issue, due to FindCCacheDisplayElem() not being prototyped early enough in
LeashView.cpp, so this question is a bit moot.  The kfw-bad2 branch on my github has what
seems to be the most recent entry in my reflog that still has the code which fails to build with
the rc.exe error.

I did some reading about rc and the font directive, and it seems like the change in question
here should be a no-op, according to the documentation.  I am somewhat inclined to just use
the two-argument form of the directive with a less worried commit message, and not block
on understanding the behavior described in this ticket.