how manage kerberos principals (addprinc, delprinc) from windows api

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Fri Feb 20 16:16:46 EST 2009

Patrick Benadiba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to manage  from Microsoft .net API "principals"  on Database MIT Kerberos on linux ?
> Kadmin tool perform this on linux OS, I want to do the same think but from windows object model
> like .net or c++.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> PB

Patrick:

Not at the present time.  At least not using any tools available from MIT.

MIT does not support building the KDC or related tools on the Microsoft
Windows platform.
As a result there is no kadmin utility nor the underlying protocol
libraries on Microsoft
Windows as part of the KFW distribution.  Assuming that the kadmin tool
set was ported
to Visual Studio wrapping the library with SWIG to produce a COM object
that could be
managed via C# would not be difficult.

Jeffrey Altman