NIM plug-in loading question

Kevin Koch kpkoch at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 30 10:18:53 EDT 2008

Good point.  For now, I'll continue trying to get it to work without any
KRB4 support.  Later I'll turn the compile time condition into a run time
condition.

With the changes in dynimport.c, NetIdMgr starts but one of the three
kmmint_plugin_broker threads calls krb4_cb which leads to an exception in
khm_krb4_set_def_tkt_string.  Is another NO_KRB4 / No-KRB4-support condition
needed somewhere?

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:jaltman at secure-endpoints.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:26 AM
To: jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Cc: kpkoch at MIT.EDU; kfwdev at MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: NIM plug-in loading question

Something I remember from previous discussions.

While Kerberos v4 is being removed from KFW 4.0, there was discussion of
Repackaging the KFW 3.x Kerberos v4 support so that it could be installed
separately.  As such the kinit, klist, kdestroy, and NIM plug-ins must not
have all krb4 support removed.  Instead the use of such support must be
disabled unless the krb4 dll is present.