K5 Keytab on Windows

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Tue Jun 24 13:29:50 EDT 2008

Matthew Devine wrote:
> I actually had the environment variable setup correctly but Process Monitor
> told me that it couldn't find my krb5.ini file (just put it in the wrong
> folder).
>
> Currently working through issue but thanks for that tip, Process Monitor was
> a huge help.

I advise moving the krb5.ini file to

c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\mit\kerberos\krb5.conf

and specifying its location globally using the KRB5_CONFIG environment
variable.  This
ensures that you can use the same file name as on UNIX and that the
location is one that
can be seen by both 32-bit and 64-bit processes on 64-bit Windows
operating systems.