Any idea why an RPC call would stop working properly?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Thu Feb 14 10:07:35 EST 2008

Kevin Koch wrote:
> In my CCAPI client DLL, RpcMgmtIsServerListening returns true when the
> server isn't running.  I'd expect it to return an error if the RPC handle
> were invalid and it should return RPC_S_NOT_LISTENING instead of 0 when the
> server isn't listening (or running).

This is a query about a Microsoft API that is going to have a subtle
answer, you might get a faster
response from one of the Microsoft Programmer mailing lists /
newsgroups.

  microsoft.public.win32.programmer.*

The networking group seems to be the one that most RPC questions are
asked in.

I might also remind you that your MSDN subscription comes with developer
support incidents
which are intended for exactly this type of scenario in which a function
does not behave the
way you expect based upon the documentation.