kfw-3.2.2-beta1 announcement text for your review

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 9 16:16:47 EDT 2007

jaltman> Kevin Koch wrote:

>> ** The MIT Kerberos Team has decided that the MIT Kerberos for
>> ** Windows 3.x release series will be the last versions to contain
>> ** Kerberos 4 support.  Beginning with 4.0 release, MIT Kerberos for
>> ** Windows will be Kerberos 5 only.  At that time MIT will repackage
>> ** the existing Kerberos 4 libraries in a stand-alone installer for
>> ** those organizations that require continued use of Kerberos 4.
>> ** MIT KFW 4.0 is targeted for release during the first quarter of
>> ** 2008.

jaltman> Is this true?

jaltman> In our meeting two weeks ago Sam indicated that the new CCAPI was going
jaltman> to be part of 1.7 and that 1.7 would not be available until third
jaltman> quarter 2008.  That would imply that KFW 4.0 would not be available
jaltman> until third quarter 2008.

MIT fiscal years begin in July, which may be the cause of this
confusion.