KFW releases off the trunk will become harder as 1.7 features start getting used

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 26 12:41:44 EST 2007

So, it sounds like NIM 2.0 will be able to work with whatever Kerberos libraries it is built against?

If we can actually make it a reality, it seems like it would be very
easy to get NIM 2.0  not to depend on Kerberos 1.7.

Of course once we start integrating the krb5 identity provider with
KIM (I think there will be calls in both directions), we will depend
on 1.7.  That doesn't need to happen soon and we could presumably do a
release of NIM 2.0 before that unless NIM 2.0 takes months longer than
you say it should.