Vista and kfw-3.2.2

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Nov 9 11:41:18 EST 2007

Well it is working today...
Even after some restarts yesterday it was not working.

Since yesterday, the admins did some maintance overnight
and I don't get the mpnotify error message now.

But this morning after login KFW did not show any tickets,
and import credentials did not do anything.

So I copyed kerbtray.exe from an XP machihe and ran it one.
Now KFW shows the TGT.

Could kerbtray have changed the registry in a way that
also allowed KFW to import credentials?

So not clear what happened, and why it is working now.

P.S.
   MSVCR71.dll is in the c:\programs files\mit\kerberos\bin
directory.

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>> Just installed kfw-3.2.2 on new Vista Enterprise.
>>
>> After logoff and during logon the messagbox:
>>
>>   mpnotify.exe unable to locate component
>>
>> This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found.
>> Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.
>>
>> As I said this is a new system. Does kfw need msvcr71.dll?
> mpnotify.exe is the process that winlogon.exe executes in order to
> process Network Providers.  The KFW network provider is kfwlogon.dll and
> it is linked to msvcr71.dll.  msvcr71.dll should have been installed to
> the KFW directory and that directory should have been added to the
> System PATH.

  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439