please advise on how to enable MSLSA in kfw 3.2.2 running WOW64

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Tue Nov 6 05:59:06 EST 2007

cbgs shew wrote:
> Release Note of kfw 3.2.2 says: Microsoft Windows XP64 and 2003 64-bit
> edition do not properly implement the LSA Kerberos functionality within the
> WOW64 32-bit compatibility environment.  As a result, calling the LSA
> functions within WOW64 causes the Kerberos 5 library to crash.  *Therefore,
> the MSLSA ccache support is disabled in these environments.*  Microsoft has
> fixed this problem as of Windows Vista Beta 2.
>
> I received a 'fix' from Microsoft for Windows 2003 64bit but don't know how
> to enable MSLSA cache. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
There is no mechanism to turn on MSLSA: support within WOW64 on XP64 and
2003.  It is disabled because there is no way to test for a fix at
run-time that will not result in a crash on systems that do not have the
fix applied.   When Microsoft includes the fix as part of a service
pack, then a future KFW release can be updated to enable WOW64 MSLSA:
support when the service pack is installed.

WOW64 MSLSA: support is enabled on Vista 64-bit systems.

Secure Endpoints Inc. provides its clients with a native 64-bit
distribution based upon the KFW 3.2.2 sources.
Secure Endpoints Inc. can also provide private builds that enable the
WOW64 support.  For support rates see

    http://www.secure-endpoints.com/support/kfw.html

In addition, all KFW distributions provided to clients are digitally
signed to provide the best end user experience.  This is especially
important for users running Vista.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.