Anybody else see GAIM not working on Vista?

Adam Seering aseering at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 6 14:18:49 EDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Danny Mayer wrote:

> Kevin Koch wrote:
>> Or, has anybody seen GAIM work properly on Vista?
>>

>> On both 32 and 64 bit Vista, GAIM prompts for a password, even if
>> NetIdMgr
>> shows that there are valid credentials.
>>

>> What behavior do you see?
>
> Well hopefully you upgraded to Pidgin since GAIM got renamed and
> released as version 2.0.0. Is that what you're really running? I can't
> answer about NetIdMgr since I don't use it that way.

For what it's worth: The Official MIT IS&T Recommendation is to use
Gaim v1.5 (<http://itinfo.mit.edu/product.php?
name=gaim&platform=Windows>).  1.5's also the default on Linux Athena
these days (not sure about WinAthena?).  So I'm sure pre-Pidgin Gaim
still has users...

Adam