[krbdev.mit.edu #5859] Build of windows/identity fails in clean directory

Jeffrey Altman via RT rt at krbdev.mit.edu
Fri Dec 14 09:16:56 EST 2007

Kevin Koch via RT wrote:
> The VS2003 build environment still works.  It is the VS2005
> environment that doesn't.  Also, mkdir a\b\c\d creates the entire path
> when run from the VS2005 command window.  I'll bet the difference is
> in the environment perl sets up for sys.  How can I investigate this?
> [Does perl do different things for sys and backtick?]

If you are using the same perl in both VS2003 and VS2005, why do you
believe that perl is at fault?

You have the VS2003 and VS2005 shortcuts.  Compare them and the
environments they produce and identify the differences.

use tools such as procmon and procexp to determine what processes are in
use and what operations are being performed.

in any case, it is clear this is a configuration issue not a makefile
issue.  This ticket should in my opinion be closed and if you need help
from the kfwdev community, you should ask for help there.