NIM overview questions

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Fri Aug 3 09:05:16 EDT 2007

Kevin Koch wrote:
> I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out the flow of control when
> credentials are deleted.  Am I missing something in
> http://www.secure-endpoints.com/netidmgr/developer/index.html?  If not
> there, where?  Also, an overview of the various threads and message queues
> would be helpful.
Did you read the topics under Related Pages?

In addition to the documentation shipped with the SDK, there is an
example credential provider, and there are the talks that have been
given at the AFS & Kerberos Best Practice Workshops in 2005 and 2006
that describes the bird's eye view.

Threads/fibers and queues belong to each of the modules.  Each module is
a plug-in and is designed to be isolated from the others except when
providers create an explicit dependency upon another provider.  There
isn't an overview detailing all of the threads and queues because that
is dependent upon what modules are loaded.

Jeffrey Altman