[krbdev.mit.edu #5613] NIM GUI: views jump around on the screen

Jeffrey Altman via RT kfw-bugs at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 2 11:32:15 EDT 2007

[kpkoch - Mon Jul 30 10:45:31 2007]:

> The standard and advanced views are displayed in different places on
> the desktop.  Their upper left corners should be in the same place.

This is a feature not a bug.  The basic and advanced views are shown in
different locations because they are different sizes.   If you line then
up on the top-left corner then when the user switches views if the
advanced window does not fit on the display, the user must then drag it
up and to the left.  When the user switches back to the basic view, the
user may have to drag it down and to the right in order to restore it to
the user's favorite viewing location.

For me, I keep NIM's basic view pinned to the bottom right corner of the
display just above the tray.  For advanced view I want the window
centered on the display so I can fully expand all of the acquired
credentials and show all of my selected columns.

Jeffrey Altman