Is this varargs error a VS2003 limitation?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Tue Apr 24 17:50:39 EDT 2007

Paul B. Hill wrote:
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177415.aspx  and
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177415(vs.80).aspx appear to
> indicate that it is supported by VS2005 and the upcoming Orcas version
> but I don't see anything about vs2003 support.
>
> Paul
We are required to stick with .NET 2003 in order to compile the existing
credential cache code and to doubly ensure that we don't have any 64-bit
time_t conflicts within the KFW 3.x series.

I am going to guess that this macro is being used for the new credential
cache code.  Switching to VS2005 as the required compiler for 32-bit KFW
would be fine provided that we are getting rid of the old credential
cache and the Kerberos v4 libraries.  At that point we should increment
the major version number to 4.

Does WIN.MIT.EDU have a requirement that KFW continue to be compiled
with .NET 2003?

Note that Kerberos v4 libraries could be packaged as a separate
installer and be supported by NIM as a plug-in.  The Kerberos v4
libraries could therefore still be built with .NET 2003.  In fact, they
could be built once now and never changed again since no further work is
being done on them.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.