[Kfwdev] cvs/svn export vs checkout

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 20 12:52:41 EDT 2007

On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:22, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> There are two restrictions when using "export". First, a tag or branch
> name must be specified.  Otherwise, the export will fail.

Why?  I could see wanting to export trunk as part of an automated
testing process.  I could also see wanting to specify a revision
number; I don't recall if that was allowed by Kevin's script, and I'm
offline as I write this, while the cable guy does some work....

(I assume you're talking about a restriction in your modified script,
not restrictions in "svn export" itself?  The context in your email
didn't make it clear, but I'm not aware of any such restrictions in
svn.)

Ken